Thursday, October 22, 2009

#10 - LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY BOAT.


From Blogger Pictures


If you know me, then you know my love for all things Wes Anderson. So in between studying and researching and PhD application-ing (oh yes, pity is appreciated), I started work on a fun, little hybrid project inspired by one of my favorites. I'm mixing the aptly named
Jacques Cousteau hat with a braided cable trim to create a classic winter knit for someone who shares my fondness for both Anderson's films and Bill Murray's charm.

From Knitting, etc.

Fingers crossed, this will be completed in the coming days, so keep a look out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, you have been a busy, knitting factory! I like the yarn you're using for the Cousteau hat; it looks very soft and has a nice sheen to it...an anti-itch hat, because itchy yarn is the worst. Now, will it keep out the water that sprays from your boat?

rachel said...

Why thank you! This yarn is actually pretty awesome - I picked Cascade Heritage sock yarn because it's super soft and smooth... not too fuzzy or itchy at all. (Ps, it's also pretty inexpensive, which is always a plus.) Now let's hope it turns out warm enough for any aquatic (or regular) adventuring! :)