Sunday, November 22, 2009

#13 - KNITTING IN SLOW MOTION

From Knitting, etc.


Everything is overwhelming me right now, so it makes sense that I start a knitting project that is simple and laid-back. Not to mention that it's the end of November, and I have yet to complete even one holiday gift. So, I've started up my first one - the Building Blocks Scarf from Interweave Holiday Knits.  I'm knitting this up in the gorgeous Nako yarn that a fine gentleman bought for me in Turkey this summer.  45 balls of this have been sitting in my stash, impatiently awaiting the right project, and I love this yarn in a dense garter stitch.  I think one of my lovely lady friends will like the saturated colors, the softness from the cashmere, and the slight sheen the bamboo brings.

Otherwise, my knitting progress is at a crawl, due to schoolwork and applications and exams and whatever else has landed on my plate until Wednesday.  Until then, I'll take a yarn break from time to time with this easy-to-knit scarf and hope I get some more projects on the needles soon!  What are your favorite handmade holiday projects?  I'm sure there are some amazing ideas out there that I've yet to see.

7 comments:

French Picnic said...

It's tough to get momentum when there are other things that drain your time. Last week just blinked by with not one creative thing done. UGH! But this week is looking good! PEAR and French Picnic Love YOU!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment at Bee Wise Bags! I love that mirror, it actually became my birthday present too. Long story...

Unknown said...

I too cannot believe the holidays are already upon us!

I can't wait to see the finished product of that scarf. The colors are gorgeous.

Thanks for stopping by this morning. I am loving the PEAR ladies. I hope we get more to join in soon! ~Lanie

YakiraKnits said...

I ALWAYS over commit myself for hand made projects for the holidays. One day I'll wise up and either buy gifts or start knitting in January for Channukah.

I just cast on the Peaks Island Hood. Amazing, easy and what a quick knit. I already have 4 inches done in an hour. It feels weird to have such huge (#8US) needles and chunky (heavy worsted) yarn in my hands after finishing my DK weight hat and my fingering weight socks.

Maiden Jane said...

A mindless scarf is a great companion. I don't have any mindless knitting - so it's mostly no knitting. I hate that feeling!

Pear here!

M.E. Greene said...

I totally understand that feeling of things going in slow motion! Hope you had a wonderful holiday. :)

Serendipity Handmade + Vintage said...

Two steps forward...one step back...I too seem to move in slow motion these days! Just stopped in from PEAR to say hello...and keep your chin up!