Wednesday, November 10, 2010

#46 - ON THE NEEDLES

Just thought I'd share a quick post with what's on my needles at the moment, especially since I'm in a major bout of startitis. Between holiday knitting and commissions, I need to get my needles moving! In the meantime, I have a few little projects that I'm actively working on:

First off, Mama Sue's Reading Mitts, which I'm knitting for my brilliant mom. She picked the yarn, Rowan Purelife British Sheep Breeds DK in Bluefaced Leicester. And wow, that lady has good taste. I'm in love with this yarn. I'm finished with the thumb gusset increases for mitt #2, so these should be off the needles in no time.


Next, the Crazy Vanilla Socks, formerly the Nutkin Socks, in Crazy Zauberball, which I frogged because the pattern was (for reasons unknown to me) boring me to death. Keeping these in my bag at all times.

I recently frogged yet another WIP to cast on the Mara Shawl in LB Collection Superwash Merino. Super simple and I foresee great stitch definition on this one.

And finally... I swatched for the Beatnik sweater! This is Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Dove Heather and it's going to be so lovely in cabled goodness. I can feel it already.


I've been knitting up a storm, so I suspect there will be much more to share quite soon. What crafty shenanigans have you been up to lately?

3 comments:

~RaenWa~ said...

I agree your mom has great taste in yarn I love the color. I also like the color of your Zauberball yarn.I have to get my hands on some one day I like the colors.

Right now on the needles I have a cabled hat & a shawl but once my package gets here I plan on making some fingerless mitts.

iknit2purl2 said...

I love those Reading Mitts! Just Gorgeous! Cant wait to see Mara!

g-girl said...

the reading mitts are gorgeous. a pair of crazy vanilla socks are probably more fun to work on..can't wait to see your beatnik!