Friday, November 19, 2010

#48 - FRIDAY KNITSPIRATION


I occasionally find myself poring over the interwebs late at night, going through Ravelry and knitwear designers and yarn shops and blogs to see what sorts of things are inspirational to me in my crafty process. This week, it has to be all of the gorgeous stuff going on at Quince and Company yarns. Founded by several self-proclaimed yarnophiles, Quince focuses on natural fibers and American sourced wool, in a variety of stunning colors.


On my holiday wish list this year? A few skeins of Quince Chickadee sport weight yarn in a moss green for their Kilkenny Cowl pattern. It's the perfect time of year for cozy cables and textured knits, and I love the ease of tucking a cowl into a jacket at this time of year without worrying about the extra bulk of a scarf.


As for next week on {bmore crafty}, expect to see some knitty progress on the next Brambles beret, a review of Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2010, and some handmade holiday ideas.

Happy knitting this weekend!
xx

I was in no way compensated for this post, and do not endorse products in exchange for money (or even copious amounts of yarn). Photos credited to the Quince and Company website.

4 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

I love the colors in the basket. I have to check them out. My mind, as always, is racing with projects....way faster than the fingers.

Affiknitty said...

Yes, they have beautiful yarn, patterns, and photos. And t's nice to purchase from an American company made up of knitters!

Allison said...

That cowl would look yummy in moss green!

g-girl said...

they have awesome patterns too!