Tuesday, April 13, 2010

#27 - QUICK KNIT, QUICK POST

From Knitting, etc.

In-between schooling and working and being my general disorganized self, I quickly knitted up this fun, retro cotton hanging dish towel for one of my secret swappers. The colors aren't typical of me, but she loves anything bright and this is a perfect way to use up some stash yarn. I have some ideas for a few variations to start working up in some more muted tones to match my kitchen, but I love this one because it's so fun and colorful. What types of handmade goodies do you like to make for gifts?

5 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

I love this dishcloth! I've made some as gifts. I don't do too many gift items - I'm a selfish knitter! I made a shawl for my Mom, hats, dishcloths, that's about it.

love2stitch said...

Really funky - love the colours.

Most of my gifted items so far a small ones - scarves, fingerless mittens, hats, cowls, baby items.

I am trying to get some larger projects started for myself before I start giving them to others... little selfish I know ;-)

Batty said...

I love bright colors in the kitchen. They make the place cheerful and homy, all at the same time.

JelliDonut said...

Cute dishtowel! Just dropping by from Ravelry Friends to say hi and check out your blog.

g-girl said...

that is absolutely adorable! as soon as I saw it I thought, "I need to make one of those." I'l have to check out your rav page for the pattern. :)