If you know me, you're well aware that I have all the ridiculousness, the inability to manage life, the lack of concern for my social status, and the affinity for food of one Liz Lemon. I run blindly into overwhelming situations with the outward appearance of someone without a care in the world, while inside my neuroses are usually getting the best of me. I'm pretty sure this is how I've turned summer, typically a season of relaxation and fun, into the most stressful month of my life. So bear with me as I rattle off a list of all this month's goings-on - and note that a lot of these things are of my own doing...
1. I joined the Fiona Twitalong (a little late) with some fabulous knitters - @CheekyTart @KillerLashes @knittyornice @Voolenvine. I'll be knitting up the Fiona All Grown-Up in KnitPicks Comfy Fingering in Whisker grey and Sea Foam blue... as soon as the yarn arrives on my doorstep. Oh, and this is my first KnitPicks yarn, so I'm looking forward to trying it out!
2. I'm still busy at work on my mom's Drops Jacket. Ravel it! This is fantastically relaxing knitting... swathes of stockinette in bulky weight. It's a breeze (so far).
3. I'm in the process of getting my knitty business plans off the ground. A few people in my life have urged me to start putting some of my own designs out into the ether, so I'm in the midst of designing new patterns, making up business cards, setting up an etsy shop, and applying for some craft fairs. It's incredibly exciting and scary all at once, but I'm looking forward to seeing where things go.
4. I'm joining in on the Creativity Boot Camp, a free e-course designed to get those creative juices flowing. Considering the big projects I have underway, I hope this will get me thinking in different and inspiring ways. I've never participated in a project like this, so I'm intrigued to see how it goes, but by the looks of things, this will be the kick in the pants I need to get my crafty ideas on the fast track.
5. Meanwhile, I'm auditing my last class that ends in July, my contract with my job ends in July so I'm on the hunt for something new, and my lease on my place ends in July too! Yikes.
Okay... deep breaths. Time to get some reading done on my balcony before I head to the office. And in the style of Liz Lemon, maybe a snack.