I am not dead. I'm simply a baaad blogger who has been knitting intermittently while taking some hardcore evening classes. I have a blog post in the works, I promise, but in the meantime, I had to share this with you! Then lovely @Voolenvine tagged me in this little 8 question quiz, so I figured I had to get this one up asap! (Psst, check out K's blog, too - it's fantastic.)
1. What's your staple meal (ie. what meal do you cook most often when you can't be bothered to be adventurous) ?
My automatic fall back dinners - stir fry frozen mixed veggies and tofu/tempeh with teriyaki and toss over soba noodles; or breakfast for dinner, which includes Fakin' Bacon and a fried egg on wheat toast.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I think I should say "librarian," since that's what I'm getting this little master's degree for... but really, the dream would be knitwear designer or yarn shop owner. @Voolenvine, maybe we should get in business together! ;-)
3. What book are you reading at the moment (if any)I'm audiobooking Sarah Vowell's Assassination Vacation and am halfway through Yarn Harlot: Secret Life of a Knitter, but really I'm mostly reading for classes. As for class readings, though, I'll admit that The Great Cat Massacre by Robert Darnton is amusing for anyone interested in French history.
4. How do you relax?
Usually it involves yarn, good friends, bad television, and strong drinks.
5. What color are the interior walls of your home?A strange yellow-beige that I'm not allow to change per my landlord. Ugh.
6. What is your guiltiest pleasure?Real Housewives of NYC reruns and apple pie a'la mode from Paper Moon Diner in Baltimore
7. What time is bedtime and getting up time?
Sleep - somewhere between 12-1am
Wake up - for work, 7am; on days off, 9am or even later :-P
8. How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)?
It depends on my schedule. If school isn't overwhelming me, I'll read/skim blogs a few hours a week. Then again, I subscribe to way too many (Thanks, Google Reader!) to keep up with. As of this moment, I haven't read any blogs in at least a week. I need to catch up with all of my bloggy friends!
And now, a few friends from Twitter and blog-land that I'd like to tag!